Looking down the original dock at Dave’s Dock
Dave’s Dock as it appeared in the 1960s (the current site of Aunt Catfish’s)
The corner of Dunlawton Ave and Halifax Dr.
Halifax River early 1900’s
Taken from the porch of the Riverside Inn
Beach Races - South Turn, 1940
The first road/beach course was 3.5 miles.
Dave’s Dock at the foot of the Port Orange Bridge, c. 1938
For many years this was a favorite for fishermen; a boat could be rented and the best live bait could be purchased. Fishing tackle and river information was always readily available. Today it’s the site of Aunt Catfish’s Restaurant.
Old Wooden Port Orange bridge, Late 1920’s
On Sunday afternoons, visitors often drove along the shore of the scenic Halifax River, occasionally stopping to view the beautiful subtropical landscape.
Dunlawton Avenue, Late 1890’s
Riverside Drive Allandale
The scenic view along what was called the Old Dixie Highway many years ago.
Early Citrus Industry
After the Civil War, the citrus industry boomed on the east coast of Florida